Genuine mats needed

Looking for something specific? Ask here.
karan5
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta 1.6tdci titanium
Refferer: Corsa d UK

Genuine mats needed

Post by karan5 »

I am looking for a genuine drivers side mat with the holes for the locking plastic as mine has worn away

{text-align: center;}
Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6TD
Refferer: Google

Re: Genuine mats needed

Post by Jamesk07 »

Hi,

This is intended as a helpful post. I don't have a mat for sale, but, had the same problem as you. My genuine mat wore through at the heel so I bought some new, genuine ones. These ones have the updated heel pad and have still worn through! I can only assume the genuine ones are total rubbish. Next time I buy some they will be non-official, fitted ones... Just my experience.

Cheers,

James

karan5
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by karan5 »

Thanks for the advice, the mat was worn when I bought the car so I wouldnt have know about the wear issue had you not mentioned it. I have an aftermarket mat in there now but would still like an original one around for when I sell the car

Tony73
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: internet

Post by Tony73 »

I noticed shortly after buying my genuine mates that the heel area quickly becomes marked and could easily wear through. It seems the biggest cause of the problem isn't so much your heel rubbing on the mat, it's more that the mat itself doesn't sit flush on the floor. It is slightly raised, due to the stiff material used, so everytime you push the pedal your heel pushes the mat down and you get a rubbing movement. That's what causes the damage. I stopped this happening by buying a cheap small mat from Poundstretcher and putting it under the genuine mat. This took away the gap so there is no rubbing and my mates are no longer getting marked.

JackClargo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fez mk7 zetecs petrol
Refferer: good old google

Post by JackClargo »

I recommend these guys http://bit.ly/15Nx4i0
Had them in my car a year and still scrub up brand new !

karan5
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by karan5 »

Took your advise and got the mats recieved them today and they are brilliant much more robust than the originals