New here or never introduced yourself?
JamesM
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: Google

2010 Zetec s Tdci

Post by JamesM »

So I have been looking on this forum for about a 10 months now, was going to join up last year but we will get to that story later :D,
I purchased a 2009 zetec s Tdci in panther black last August, started with little things like changing over the lights to better white bulbs and led sidelights, was waiting till after Christmas to get my alloys sprayed black and the rear windows tinted.
Well fate had over ideas, as on the 8th of December driving home from work, I pulled into the fast lane on the m6 and a concrete curb stone was laying across the road, as I had nowhere to go and a split second till I hit it with a car next to me I decided to slam my brakes on and try squeeze between the block and the central reservation, this didn't work out very well, ended up hitting the block and hitting the central reservation at 70mph.
Side airbags did there job brilliantly and ended up with just a bad back, which still hurts occasionally.
Basically it had come off a lorry two people already hit it before me and the highway agency hadn't closed off the lanes or put on the boards debris in the road slow down.
After months of arguing with police, highway agency, insurance and the council they said I will have to pay and claim it through me as they couldn't find the person who dropped it and they didn't have enough time to close the lanes, which is bollox as there is about 5 cameras pointing to where I crashed and somehow they didn't see it (couldn't be arsed to look through the CCTV) so ended up loosing out on about £3000 as well as loosing my car and my no claims after the insurance company decided to write it off. :oops:
This is why I didn't join sooner as when I was going to join my car was written off :( .
So after that I brought a fiesta finesse 2003 1.2, had that for about 3 months and couldn't stand not having a nice new shiny car so last month decided enough was enough, and found two zetec s' that I wanted, one 2011 in white with 45,000 on the clock which was standard, the other 2010 in Colorado red with 20,000 and lots of extras, keyless entry, Sony stereo, auto wipers and lights, parking sensors, heated windscreen, so as I do lots of miles and I love my little gadgets and that on cars I went for the Colorado red.
Really I have ended up with a better zetec s then I had to start with so I'm quite happy now :D
So far in a month I have cleaned it about 7-8 times, if I see a spec of dirt I have to whip out the snow foam lol :D (yes I am one of these freaks )
I plan to get some black alloys (pro race 1.2 or similar) tint rear windows, get some wind deflectors, dmb badges, get the silver parts of the interior around the steering wheel, radio and doors sprayed black to match the Sony stereo,
I have already changed the lights in my foot wells to red led's, the headlights to brighter white bulbs instead of the horrible yellow bulbs , white led side lights and white led's for the number plate.
I'm 21 and live in Birmingham :D that's it really.
Ps will put up pictures soon :D

{text-align: center;}
patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: 2010 Zetec s Tdci

Post by patterson »

Sorry to hear about that. Welcome to the forum
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701