New here or never introduced yourself?
Titaniumowner
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Mk7

Re: Newbie

Post by Titaniumowner »

twistedice wrote: @Marc, yeah theres a fair bit about it on another forum, what problems have you had with it? Everyone seems to be getting different problems.
as reported over at the fordownersclub boards
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/in ... getnewpost
I guess the best course of action may be to check if my local Ford dealer can perform the software update mentioned in one of the most recent posts. I guess that one possible source of the problem may be a corrupted file or files.
If that is the case then problems should occur every time the corrupted file is loaded on to a flash drive. Could be that it the presence or absence of such files which is determining whether this function works properly, rather than the brand or model of memory stick.

{text-align: center;}
twistedice
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6 Titanium

Re: Newbie

Post by twistedice »

@jam_rs tell me about it, me dad runs a garage and vaux wanted (if i remember rightly) £600 for the dpf, that was the price to him so god knows how much it would be to the general public...

@Titaniumowner mines a strange issue, there seems to be no prob with the stick or the music files, if i use shuffle and turn the engine off without disabling shuffle, the next time i start the car the bt won't work till i remove the stick, the only way i can seem to get both working together again it to plug in a different stick and then plug the original one back in, if i do not use shuffle i have no problems!?!? Its not too much of an issue as i carry a stick around on my keys for work but its something i shouldn't have to do. Nevermind, nothing is perfect lol