New here or never introduced yourself?
nickyboy
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 03 Punto!
Refferer: google

Newbie near Inverness, ST2 on order

Post by nickyboy »

Hi folks. I picked up my brand new ST2 on Christmas Eve last year, in race red. I wanted a white one but I didn't like the spec of the cars available, and couldn't afford to wait (i had an 07 Fabia VRS that I was trading in as the flywheel was on it's way out, knowing fine the dealer wouldn't take it for a test drive, and he gave me top dollar for it).

I've always said i will never have a red car due to showing scratches but as above, i was desperate. Well within a week I was finding scratches & chips, and in the sun the paint looked terrible, obviously been washed using a brush by Ford valeters not knowing what the hell they are doing. I paid £320 for a 3 day detail to get the paint looking flawless, but I'd fell out of love with the car at this point and wanted rid.

image hosting without account

It was a 64 plate with 1200 miles when I sold it in March for £14000. Being based in Inverness, selling cars is harder than being in the UK so I priced it less than it was worth to tempt buyers, and it was sold within a week. Needless to say I still had idiots offering less than that.

I bought another Fabia VRS with the change I had from paying off the finance, and thought this will do me, but I was soon hankering for another ST. So this week I have put a deposit down for an ST2 with style pack, EATC, reverse sensors, cruise control and orange seats. In white this time! The car is going to cost £16500, from a dealer in North Wales, via drivethedeal.com. The wait time is 16 weeks! But at least it's the car I want, and the best my local dealers could do was £17700.

I'll be bumming around in my mums 03 Punto 1.2 until the ST arrives. Then it's an epic road trip from North Wales to Inverness shire, can't wait for the last 100 miles or so, driving through the epic Scottish Highlands roads

{text-align: center;}
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Re: Newbie near Inverness, ST2 on order

Post by jam_rs »

Hi, welcome to the site, don't forget to tell a friend!

Feel free to get some pictures up when you get it!
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7