New here or never introduced yourself?
Lost it
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Jaguar
Refferer: Search Engine

The search for a suitable car...

Post by Lost it »

Well.... I'm a big fan of big cars. My own choice of weapon is a Jaguar XJ6, the last of the old shape, the Aluminium one, built by Jaguar when Ford held the cash.

My thinking expands to my wife having a suitable large car too. So I bought her a Lexus IS200 about 8 years ago which was used to ferry the daughter about. Then said daughter decided she wanted to drive, and finished up with her getting a Mk2 Clio Dci thing. Does 70mpg but is a bit agricultural.

Aforementioned wife took it out one day and says "I like that, nice and nippy" which this poor deluded soul took to mean "I want one". I've only been married to her for 35 years.... So the Lexus went and a nice little Clio Dci was bought instead.

I should have known, a few months later and I'm looking for another car for her. So I thought, naturally, another Lexus would fit the bill. But it's clear that the sellers of these cars wear rose tinted glasses, or they don't understand what "Immaculate" actually means? So I've been to see cars with lots of things not mentioned, such as Engine management lights being lit, rot in places you wouldn't believe, one needle even "forgot" to mention that the near side sill was caved in 3/4 of the way down the car, the remains of gaffer tape stuck to the headlining, you name it, the worst being a "customised" car with blue LED's placed to dazzle you on the dashboard. And many of them for some reason seem to think that Chinese ditchfinder £20 a corner tyres are the ideal fitment of choice?
So a rethink.

I decided she should have a nice, old fashioned car. So I'm looking for an nice Automatic Fiesta Mk7. As usual the forums tell you what you need to know, although only the bad points come up and that can be balanced.

So I'm going to be lurking, asking questions, checking stuff out until such time as I buy one.

Get ready....

{text-align: center;}
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Re: The search for a suitable car...

Post by jam_rs »

Welcome too the site! Ask away with anything and we'll all do our best too help.
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7