Hi from Hampshire...

New here or never introduced yourself?
Forest Ford
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Mk 7 Auto

Hi from Hampshire...

Post by Forest Ford »

Hi all, new to to this Forum, but have owned many Fords over the years from a Ford Popular (!) through Sierras (including the brilliant 4 wheel drive model) and many Fiestas as second cars...
Took delivery on Saturday of a silver five door Fiesta Edge Auto Mk7 - which again will be used as a second car in the family - and must say first impressions are very good. Lovely 100 mile drive over the Mendips to get home.
I would have liked to have purchased the car from my local dealer where I had the test drive but an extremely overbearing "business manager" (who he?) thought I was a mug and told me I could not expect a big discount on a Fiesta. "Perhaps we'll talk about something off if you wave your credit card at me..." said he. So I went away and shopped around - and achieved thick end of £2,500 off!!
Ho hum, perhaps he likes keeping his cars in his showroom. That's where they'll stay with that attitude!
Couple of disappointments are that a) I had to buy a spare wheel, and b) the rear seats don't fold down flat, and the rear boot lip is very high. Surely, it's not beyond the wit of Ford designers to achieve a flat load carrying area, but it's something I can live with, I suppose.
Next project is to buy four spare steel wheels to fit winter tyres. Not having much luck finding any at the moment (at a decent price), but I am determined to get some so the Fiesta will be my car of choice in the snow!

{text-align: center;}
telwick
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: fiesta

Re: Hi from Hampshire...

Post by telwick »

Welcome to the club mate :)
Image[/quote]

hilwall