jimmyca69
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Zetec
Refferer: Google

Newbie here - just bought 1.6 TDCI...

Post by jimmyca69 »

Hi all

Today I put a deposit down on a 2010 Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Zetec, 39k miles with FFSH so came on here to basically say hello :dance: as will no doubt be utilising the forum.

I have a few questions if you don’t mind (can put these in separate thread if need be?)
- Car has DPF – apparently it is non-fluid type on these which is 'good'? What issues to DPF cause exactly with these? I know that short runs can cause build ups etc. and I have read briefly that this can affect the ECU?
- Linked to above I was able to ask a friend who works in Ford dealership to run check on reg – it came back with 2 warranty cards for the ECU calibration as it was running right? The work was complete but starting to worry me as noticed that at its first MOT in July 2013 it had 37k miles and so since July it has only done 2k miles…..
- Turbo lag changing gear – noticed this on test drive and checked up on this, apparently it is common with these engines and either an ecu update or blanking of the egr valve can address this?

Car comes with 12 months full dealership warranty and has full ford service history but slightly concerned about the above before I commit to more than the deposit.
Thanks

{text-align: center;}
youngwenty
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: mk7 tdci 95 1.6
Refferer: search engine

Re: Newbie here - just bought 1.6 TDCI...

Post by youngwenty »

Hi. Ive got this problem with mine and ive been battling ford with it since may and they swear blind its how the car is supposed to be. I keep getting a different explanation everytime I take it in to them. So if you get yours fixed let me know thanks.

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

Post by tonyk »

Hello and welcome.

Running decent fuel, a drop of Millers Eco Max, and a blanked EGR helped my lag.

The DPF is the fluid type, so long as you do lots of motorway miles you should never an issue with it.

jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Post by jam_rs »

Just in reference to the DPF, short runs as you have said no good for the car as what happens is the soot builds up in the filter and never gets a chance to do a regeneration.

If you do reasonably short runs, ideally it would be a good idea to go and give it a good thrashing once warmed up, take it down a motorway for 20 mins or so averaging about 70 MPH+ (at your own risk of course)

You also need to make sure your car is serviced correctly, it is important too make sure that the right oil is used and serviceable filters are changed at the correct interval.

Lastly, decent fuel is a must as tonyk has said, try to avoid supermarket fuels - that said, Sainsburys is apparently BP's.
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7