Simon27feb
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7
Refferer: Search Engine

Newbie needs help....

Post by Simon27feb »

Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased a Mk.7 12 plate 1.4 Titanium TDCi in Panther Black.
I was looking to personalise it with the addition of a rear diffuser, chrome twin pipe back box and ST spoiler.
On arriving at my local Ford dealer, I was told that this is not as simple as I thought. I have been told that to fit the rear diffuser I would need to change the whole rear bumper as the diffuser is only meant for ST models and doesn't fit any other Fiesta MK.7 (nothing mentioned about Zetec S models!).
Again the twin pipe back box is, apparently, an ST only feature but I have seen it on Zetec S and other models. As for the rear spoiler I was quoted an extra £60 for an adhesive on top of the price for the rear spoiler, I may require a new brake light for the spoiler then told that the spoiler actually may not fit my tailgate!!
When I asked about these being an optional extra at the time of purchase (I was assured of this by a friend who previously owned the same model as mine) I was told that this was not the case.
My head is frigging pounding now and it's become the time to ask people who KNOW what they are doing as they have more than likely done it rather than someone staring at a monitor for most of the day!!!
Your help and advice are appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
Simon27feb

{text-align: center;}
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Re: Newbie needs help....

Post by jam_rs »

Got a couple of answers from via Facebook page after posting on the blog - blog/:
Google Maxton designs.co.uk to get your various car body parts for your Fiesta, I got my part from them for my fiesta tdci 1.6titanium, good luck
The ST rear defuser will fit. Just need top, bottom parts and the spats that fit either side of it.
Hope this is of some help!
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7