DMB Gell Overlays

General car related chat, questions, advice and important information about FiestaMk7.com
If you have a problem/technical/modification/tuning question please use the appropriate forum.
~sparky~
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 fiesta zetec S
Refferer: google

DMB Gell Overlays

Post by ~sparky~ »

I ordered a set of these for wheel centers, front and rear and steering, once they arrived i cleaned the badges with white spirits then soapy water and dryed well, heated both the overlay and the badge and applied... all looked great then i started to notice peeling after only a few days, i contacted DMB and they were happy enough to re-send another set free of charge, i have received them and i am looking to applying the new ones but would like fitting advice from others... i did read somewhere that someone used a small amount of glue on the edges to ensure they stayed down,,, (glue recomendations?) if not glue, how can i ensure they stay on this time as i dont want a repeat of last time as im really happy with the look of them but there not applying as well as i would like, cheers

{text-align: center;}
Blueoval09
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

DMB Gell Overlays

Post by Blueoval09 »

3m 9088 double sided tape is ideal, i got some off amazon to put along the top edge of my wind deflectors as heko only put a tiny bit on the front & back edge, it's only 250 microns thick so doesn't cause a gap, cost £7 for a 50m roll but it's handy for loads of things

~sparky~
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 fiesta zetec S
Refferer: google

Re: DMB Gell Overlays

Post by ~sparky~ »

i eventually got round to fitting them again and used seper glue which worked really well on the front, rear and stearing wheel but i still have slight peeling on the wheel centers, also was at a car show today and looked at various other fiestas with DMB wheel centers and they also have the same issue... still they all look 100% better than they did the 1st time

nwmlarge

Re: DMB Gell Overlays

Post by nwmlarge »

clear nail varnish is good at sticking things down without showing or turning yellow