front reading light

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
kozza
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 feista 1.25
Refferer: Search Engine

front reading light

Post by kozza »

hi guys recently i have changed the bulbs in both my front and rear reading lights on the roof lining of my fiesta the back one was by far the easyed one to do the only thing that i am not happy about with the front light is that when i changed the bulb the light has stopped working .

yes i have the bulb in the right way i turned it around a few times to make sure haha i have also tryed about 1o other bulbs i have in my tool box, the fuse for the light has not blown as the bluetooth,voise control and all other lights inside the car are still working

can anyone advise me what i could try before taking it back to the dealer ?

thanks korey
Mk7 fiesta+wolfrace alloys+induction kit+custom painted plastics+custom painted defuser+custom built exhaust

{text-align: center;}
patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS

front reading light

Post by patterson »

kozza wrote:hi guys recently i have changed the bulbs in both my front and rear reading lights on the roof lining of my fiesta the back one was by far the easyed one to do the only thing that i am not happy about with the front light is that when i changed the bulb the light has stopped working .

yes i have the bulb in the right way i turned it around a few times to make sure haha i have also tryed about 1o other bulbs i have in my tool box, the fuse for the light has not blown as the bluetooth,voise control and all other lights inside the car are still working

can anyone advise me what i could try before taking it back to the dealer ?

thanks korey
Did you bend the wires on the switch? I bent mine and they didn't work bend them towards each other and it should work. Also is it bulbs or LEDs your using
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

kozza
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 feista 1.25

Re: front reading light

Post by kozza »

how do you mean 'bend' them is that so the wires would be touching before they go in to the light unit ? and yes its can-bus LEDs that im using its the same ones i have in my side lights and my footwells and also in the rear passenger reading light
Mk7 fiesta+wolfrace alloys+induction kit+custom painted plastics+custom painted defuser+custom built exhaust

suwage23
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta Zetec S 2010

Post by suwage23 »

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I love how many of my problems is solved through this forum! :D ... Thanks everyone! But unfortunately I have encountered another issue, I don't know where to get solutions apart from on here so someone out there please help me! :D ... much appreciated!

Here goes, basically I have attempted to change the bulb to LED on the front reading light. Everything works apart from the ambient light function. This comes on all the time (whether the car's doors are closed or locked etc.)... I'm pretty confident it is the switch as I've tested to make sure other lights (i.e.) the footwell lights turns off after a while etc. and they do but only the front reading light remains on. I've checked to make sure it isn't turned to 'always on'.

I suspect it's something to do with the bronze copper sheet inside the light unit or the button that connects to it? Maybe I have bent it so it's not touching what it should so that the ambient light works as it should? Anyone have any ideas or could post any pictures how it should be connected etc? or if I need to replace, how much? could I use any alternatives from other cars?

Many thanks :D

suwage23
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta Zetec S 2010

Post by suwage23 »

Hi guys, would like to thank 'Patterson' for the tip of bending the copper thing inside the switch towards each other. Tried this earlier and it worked and fixed the problem! :D Many thanks!

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

Ambient lights (2 in map reading light, strip above glovebox & cubby hole under heating controls) stay on all the time.