MK7.5 Front Splitter

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
JDZS
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: 2013 Zetec S
Refferer: Google

MK7.5 Front Splitter

Post by JDZS »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and 5 days ago bought myself a lovely new MK7.5 Zetec S with the 1.0T lump I'm the front.

All was going well, that was until I tried to pull into a friends drive which resulted in the car grounding out and smashing
Off the front splitter...

I believe it's the same part used on the MK7 metal special edition, and seeing as its so easy to smash off I wondered whether anyone else has suffered the same misfortune as me and managed to find a replacement splitter?

Cheers,

JD

{text-align: center;}
patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: MK7.5 Front Splitter

Post by patterson »

JDZS wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and 5 days ago bought myself a lovely new MK7.5 Zetec S with the 1.0T lump I'm the front.

All was going well, that was until I tried to pull into a friends drive which resulted in the car grounding out and smashing
Off the front splitter...

I believe it's the same part used on the MK7 metal special edition, and seeing as its so easy to smash off I wondered whether anyone else has suffered the same misfortune as me and managed to find a replacement splitter?

Cheers,

JD
Plenty of replacement parts out there what price range you looking to spend for a new one as they can be expensive
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

JDZS
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by JDZS »

Thanks for getting back to me mate

The thought of how much it'll cost is making me sick just thinking about it! I just need pointing in the right direction really.

Being a 13 plate model the bumper is absolutely vast, it includes the honeycomb grille etc..

I'm just praying that the centre splitter can be sold as a seperate part rather than forking out for a whole front end!! :violin:

Cheers,

JD

patterson

Post by patterson »

Yeah there are plenty of place that sell the front splitter

Mountune

eBay/amazon

There is another place can't remember the name but eBay or amazon will be cheapest but won't be more then 150
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

JDZS
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by JDZS »

Again, Thanks for all your help patterson.

I got in touch with Mountune (who were very helpful) and they told me what the official ford part numbers are...

This will no doubt be useful to other people, as the chin spoiler is very prone to smashing off!

Mountune Product:
http://www.mountunestore.com/Product/Ca ... t-splitter

Ford Official Part:
AM8A6J-17F017-AA

Ford 'finis' Number:

patterson

Post by patterson »

Yeah get it of eBay to save some pennies but no problem just ask of you need a hand
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011