Ipod Input Sound Dropped Out

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
T50 GSW
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Zetec S TDCI
Refferer: Google

Ipod Input Sound Dropped Out

Post by T50 GSW »

Right, I was driving along listening to my iphone in the car via the usb/aux cable Ford sell, everything going along merrily like normal, then suddenly halfway through a song the sound just disappeared completely.

Now the car won't play my music at all. It accepts the phone connection and recognises it fine, even loads the music database and changes song etc, but just no sound. If you turn the volume up all you can hear is static. It does the same thing via the bluetooth streaming too. The phone is fine because it plays music through its own speakers perfectly, and was running perfectly through the car beforehand. Then it just decided not to work. Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

I've got an Iphone 5 with the latest version of IOS7 before anyone asks too.

Also, don't know if this may be related as it is an electrical based problem too, but my interior light was dying the other day, so i changed the bulb and now it doesn't light up at all. Tried multiple bulbs, nothing doing, so put the original bulb back in for now and left it. Living in darkness at the moment.