Seatbelt Chime issue! Please help me keep my sanity!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
jhaedee
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 09 Plate
Refferer: google

Seatbelt Chime issue! Please help me keep my sanity!

Post by jhaedee »

Hi Guys, i'm desperately hoping that someone here can help me with this problem. Basically my seatbelt warning chimes intermittently for no obvious reason, only when the car is moving. I have resetting the chimes numerous times with the unbuckle/buckle 9 times in a row with ignitions turned to position 2 method and every time i do the light flashes as per the procedure but it seems to do nothing at all. The most frustrating thing is that this all started some time towards the end of 2013 and i never managed to cure it then, but around april last year i had to have the heated windscreen replaced and a new passenger side door (after a supermarket pillar incident :p ) and after i got the car back I noticed that the problem with the chimes had disappeared. I have done numerous trips up to Scotland since then and i hadn't heard the seatbelt chimes for months, then all of a sudden they started going again around early december.

I've wondered if disconnecting the battery would help but i also don't know if there is any risk involved in doing this?

I really, really hope someone can help with this as it is driving me slowly insane :P

Just incase it's important it is an 09 plate fiesta zetec 1.4 petrol, all standard other than iNath retrofitted me cruise control and a usb and bluetooth upgrade in may 2014. (On a side note he did a fantastic job and is a properly nice guy, would recommend his work to anyone and hope he's still enjoying his ST ;) )

{text-align: center;}
CarlW
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium TDCi
Refferer: Google

Re: Seatbelt Chime issue! Please help me keep my sanity!

Post by CarlW »

Do you have anything heavy on the passenger seat when it happens?

jhaedee
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 09 Plate
Refferer: google

Re: Seatbelt Chime issue! Please help me keep my sanity!

Post by jhaedee »

Yeh, I'd considered that as I have my satchel on the seat occasionally but I've started putting it on the floor and it makes no difference.