Bent Wishbone ?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
kemp596
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta ST
Refferer: Search Engine

Bent Wishbone ?

Post by kemp596 »

My girlfriend manage to hit a kerb in the snow we've had, and its obviously kerbed the alloy, she took it to get the tracking done as the steering was pulling to the right, the guy who did the tracking told her nothing was bent and tracked it, however now the car pulls badly to the left, Ive looked at the car today and noticed straight away the front wheel has been pushed back about 3cm as it is no longer central in the wheel arch. Is it likely that the wishbone (lower arm) has bent or will it be something more serious ? cheers

{text-align: center;}
shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Bent Wishbone ?

Post by shabazmo »

It will be the wishbone or it could be the subframe. You need 4 wheel alignment to know exactly how much out it is. What you describe is ofset, where one wheel is behind the other. Get it 4 wheel aligned and the iperator will be able to tell you exactly what is out as they are more experienced and will put it up on a 4 post lift.. Otherwise a body shop, but that might cost a bit more.
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.