Help please! Fiesta wont start!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
markomate
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: google

Help please! Fiesta wont start!

Post by markomate »

Hi
Its taken a bit of searching but hopefully Ive found a place that can help me!
My work colleague has a 2009 Mk7 1.6 tdci Fiesta.
Last night he tried to leave work, the car started first turn, as usual, then stopped after 5 seconds, it wont restart!

The engine turns over very well but wont even try to run, eventually we were jump starting it of my car, but nothing!

Fuses look ok, I checked some of the relays, they seem ok.

My opinion is fuel, or lack of it! Gauge shows 1/2 tank, it was recently serviced, its not been mis fueled.

Also it has a high pitched whine from the top right (when viewed from behind the wheel) side of the engine, when the ignition is on.

Can anyone help please? In the end he had to leave his car at work.

Thanks

Mark

{text-align: center;}
markomate
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: google

Re: Help please! Fiesta wont start!

Post by markomate »

Hi Thought I reply to my own post!
Car taken to Ford Dealer in Stevenage, the dealer was a rarity in that they diagnosed the problem quickly and fixed it for a total charge of £200.

The problem was fuel starvation caused by a faulty fuel filter, the filter had been changed 300 miles ago and had slowly broken up inside causing a blockage.

shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Help please! Fiesta wont start!

Post by shabazmo »

Why did they charge you. It should have been FOC as it was replaced only 300 miles ago.
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.