Mk7 standard tyres and GAP

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Oss
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta 1L
Refferer: google search

Mk7 standard tyres and GAP

Post by Oss »

Hey all,

Not sure if this has been covered somewhere or not, tho a quick topic search for GAP doesn't turn up anything relevant.

This might seem a strange question but does anyone know what the standard tyre was that came with the 2013 Ecoboost (1L) fiestas?
I ask because my local dealer recommended the GAP insurance for wheels and tyres and given that I drive country roads and am likely to sustain damage, I thought it was worth a go @ £250

There was no mention of limits, but when I received the documentation, it turns out £100 is the limit for the wheel itself and £75 for the tyres.
Needless to say, I got a nail in the tyre at the start of the year, and long story short.. ended up paying £30 to get my 'free' replacement tyre.

Now admittedly, yes, I perhaps should have asked the exact terms of the GAP but the tyres were Continental and the spare tyre kit (aka pump and sealant) was made by Continental, I never thought to question it.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

{text-align: center;}
shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Mk7 standard tyres and GAP

Post by shabazmo »

Quite often these insurances are not quite as good as they seem. Wheels which are alloy are £190 from Fords and tyres are can be £75 if you shop around. what is the tyre size you have. you only have to look at your own car. Easier than asking the forum.
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.

Oss
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta 1L
Refferer: google search

Post by Oss »

I really should re-read before I post, though disappointed you think I'm so lazy I sign up to a forum and wait for a reply until the next day rather than walk 20 feet to the car and look.

I bought the car second hand so I have no idea what the original rubber was - that was my question.
What I have now is Contipremium contact 2 @ 195/50/16 on the original ford alloys

So does anyone know what Ford supplied that 2013 model with? The 1st gen Continentals perhaps?

{edit] perhaps this was better suited to the general forum..

shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by shabazmo »

As far as I am aware continentals premium contact2 have been fitted from new. My 2009 had them
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.