MPG??

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
noobMk7
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk 7 Zetec S

Re: MPG??

Post by noobMk7 »

I drove from Scunthorpe to Derby last weekend. Had myself and the other two mini noobMk7's in the car and got 56 Mpg. All motorway.

C

{text-align: center;}
Viper
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: MK7 ZS

Post by Viper »

I can EASILY get 42mpg from my ZS. It's not much fun though :lol:

getaylor2012
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Titanium Mk7

Post by getaylor2012 »

I pick up a brand new Mk7 Vision Blue Titanium tomorrow afternoon! I am looking forward to telling you what my average MPG is! My mum has the Edge Econetic and going down here without acceleration, can get 99.9!

Yoe
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Post by Yoe »

I have a 1.4 Titanium get around 42-48 on country roads. But can push over 50 with less stop starts

eyemdee
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Auto

Post by eyemdee »

ian05hunter wrote:I have checked the mpg on several occasions.I honestly don`t drive like an old duffer....... :D I am really pleased with 41mpg..
41mpg from the Auto is really good. On my last tank with a mix of short journey (less than 2 miles) commuting and a journey back from the coast mine returned 35.1 with the OBC indicating 36.7. I thought that using the cruise control may help consumption but I fear not as it readily changes down to 3rd at around 70mph and holds it up to over 5,000 rpm! Using the resume button from 30mph to a cruise speed set at 60mph results in almost maximum revs in 2nd and 3rd gears!

Yoe
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Post by Yoe »

eyemdee wrote:
ian05hunter wrote:I have checked the mpg on several occasions.I honestly don`t drive like an old duffer....... :D I am really pleased with 41mpg..
41mpg from the Auto is really good. On my last tank with a mix of short journey (less than 2 miles) commuting and a journey back from the coast mine returned 35.1 with the OBC indicating 36.7. I thought that using the cruise control may help consumption but I fear not as it readily changes down to 3rd at around 70mph and holds it up to over 5,000 rpm! Using the resume button from 30mph to a cruise speed set at 60mph results in almost maximum revs in 2nd and 3rd gears!
Cruise Control has helped me save fuel on the motorway just for the simply fact i can set it at say 75-80 and it will stay dead on that speed and it's a good chance to see how up and down everyone elses speeds are. The guy that's been following you all of a sudden getting past then slowing down then going behind you must be using more fuel

FOC_reaper
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta S140

Post by FOC_reaper »

I've got a ZS140, everyday driving I can get approx 37-39MPG..

When I've gone for a long drive, I can easily get 42MPG.

Before I had the Mountune installed, I got 48MPG on a long journey... once.. ;) :lol:

eyemdee
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Auto

Post by eyemdee »

Yoe wrote:Cruise Control has helped me save fuel on the motorway just for the simply fact i can set it at say 75-80 and it will stay dead on that speed and it's a good chance to see how up and down everyone elses speeds are. The guy that's been following you all of a sudden getting past then slowing down then going behind you must be using more fuel
Is yours manual or auto? On the auto the box has a tendency to downshift as soon as speed drops below the set speed and holds third gear until it gets back to the set speed, even at 70mph!

I am going to try switching to manual mode before engaing cruise to see if it holds top gear.

Graphite
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Scooby

Post by Graphite »

Graphite wrote:We're getting about 42 mpg in a 1.4 manual
Eeek... :? Scary now - wife has been milking the poor thing :hand: ! She proudly announced 51.8 mpg with her town driving! :o

I was envisaging long tailbacks for miles behind her :doh: :lol: - but she assures me that this is not the case!

It's a bit different to the Subaru :snooty: , and even further from the recently departed Discovery V8 LOL :mrgreen:
And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31

uk_drum_n_bass
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: Search Engine/

Post by uk_drum_n_bass »

Mines been sayin 34.7mpg for the last few days. is tht good or bad lol?