eibach spring and warranty

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
stephens_0n
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: google

eibach spring and warranty

Post by stephens_0n »

firstly hello, i am after lowering my zetec s and after reading around the eibach springs seem a good choice with it being a ford part.

The confusing part is depending who you ask or what you read people have different views on warranty.

some say if you buy the approved parts anyone can fit it and the warranty is fine
other says you need they purchased and fitted from ford to keep the warranty, generally the view from the dealer. no surprise.

can anyone shed some light on the situation?

thanks

{text-align: center;}
Seans_Fes_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Mk7 Style +
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: eibach spring and warranty

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

Simple answer to this.
Nothing voids warranty unless it causes need to repair something you might try to have done under warranty.

Mikeypaine
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: S1600
Refferer: Google

Re: eibach spring and warranty

Post by Mikeypaine »

Just keep the receipt. But if say a shock absorber fails and it can be proved that its due to incorrect fitment of the springs you can then be held liable for that cost! Otherwise. Crack on, I'm going to!