Fiesta Illuminated Doorsills...?!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: Fiesta Illuminated Doorsills...?!

Post by Nath »

Jamesk07 wrote:Looks amazing, nice work!

Quick question... I see you've got the metal pedals, but, where did you get the clutch foot rest? I've never seen this before...

James
That particular one is from a set for an automatic Mondeo! So I now have a brake and accelerator pedal to sell Just keep your eyes on eBay as the Focus/Mondeo/Kuga/C+S-Max all have pedals using this design.

{text-align: center;}
Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6TD
Refferer: Google

Post by Jamesk07 »

Cheers Nath! I've seen a few sets on there, some for manual Mondeo's which have all pedals and kickplate... Not cheap though! Looks worth it though... Can't help but think the carpet where I rest my cluth foot will end up wearing through...

James

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Jamesk07 »

Had a quick look on eBay... Some of the pedals for Mondeo and Kuga are slightly different in shape. Also, the kick plate you have is curved by the looks of it, whereas there are some which are just rectangular. Will all of these fit, or is there something I should be looking for? I really appreciate the time you've taken to answer my questions.

James

Nath

Post by Nath »

Jamesk07 wrote:Had a quick look on eBay... Some of the pedals for Mondeo and Kuga are slightly different in shape. Also, the kick plate you have is curved by the looks of it, whereas there are some which are just rectangular. Will all of these fit, or is there something I should be looking for? I really appreciate the time you've taken to answer my questions.

James
The cheapest brand new set I can see on eBay is the Kuga for £78.74 + P&P ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Genuine-F ... 022wt_1074 ) but as you say it's rectangular rather than curved edge. Suppose it's down the personal preference. The one I have is £109.99 ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Genuine-F ... 017wt_1074 ) but luckily I won it for £36.

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Jamesk07 »

Well, I reckon the rectangular one will fit! So that's decision made... Cheers Nath, appreciated.

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Jamesk07 »

Just a thought... I note you have to screw 3 retainers into the carpet for the kick plate. Do you think you could get away without doing that by applying some heavy duty velcro to the back of the plate? I've got loads left over from a custom guitar pedal board I made... It just seems a less invasive way of attaching it...

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but, how do the pedals attach? Do they go over the originals, are they instead of? I realise I must sound silly, but I thought it better to ask in advance :)

Thanks, James

Nath

Post by Nath »

The problem with your method is that the only thing holding the black circles in place is that the metal part that is screwed down. You'd be velcroing the black part down and the metal would just fall off.

Take off old (rubber) pedals and slip on new ones ;)