Low revs boost tdci

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
bachu1
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: zetec s
Refferer: forum

Low revs boost tdci

Post by bachu1 »

Hi I have a 2011 tdci and at low revs it doesn't seem to boost very well, I've read its a problem with fords ecu with This year, is this correct can I just go to ford and they reprogram the ecu to the earlier model ? Or is there anew update with this ?

Anyone had this problem?

Many thanks

{text-align: center;}
CarlW
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium TDCi
Refferer: Google

Re: Low revs boost tdci

Post by CarlW »

I've got a 2102 1.6TDCi econetic model and find the low rev torque fine - In fact I prefer the Fiesta to my 2.0TDCi Kuga 163bhp around town, the Kuga stalls a lot more easily than the Fiesta. I usually let the clutch up in the Fiesta without touching the throttle when pulling away from a standstill as I find the throttle quite sensitive and its easy to rev the engine too much which causes a lot of slipping the clutch.

bachu1
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by bachu1 »

Thanksnfor your reply Carl, mine seems to struggle then eventually go, I've read its a ecu upgrade on this year of car,

bachu1
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by bachu1 »

Anyone had this ecu upgrade ? Any good results ?