Oil light

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Jdun5746
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Vision Blue ZS TDCI
Refferer: Google

Oil light

Post by Jdun5746 »

Possibly a stupid question, but here goes.

My oil light came on today on the way home from work checked the oil level it's fine but I topped up a bit anyway just incase, and nothing its still on so does the oil light come on when the car is due for a service? It's due for its 1st service, so it's booked in on Tuesday

{text-align: center;}
Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: Oil light

Post by Nath »

Yes the oil light comes on to remind you of a service. Mine also displays it on the stereo every time you turn it on (until reset). Something along the lines of "Engine oil service due. Change now"

Jdun5746
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Vision Blue ZS TDCI
Refferer: Google

Oil light

Post by Jdun5746 »

Just noticed that message lol I've never had a car long enough so I've needed to service is this the norm on most cars

Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Oil light

Post by Doc943 »

What would display if I had a real oil problem while the service indicator was on?

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: Oil light

Post by Nath »

Doc943 wrote:What would display if I had a real oil problem while the service indicator was on?
"I told you to change the oil and you didn't listen, now look whats happened you blundering idiot. Take it back to Ford and take Vaseline"

In all honesty I don't actually know :lol: