1.6 TDCI mpg

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by tonyk »

The beasty had its first full top up today costing me £46. The display showed I had 60 miles left and I had travelled 403, making this a brim to brim mpg of 54.75. Now I know the first few weeks of ownership we tend to drive with a hint enthusiasm and I've had a couple of 80 journeys with the aircon on, but is this the sort of figure I can expect or will it get better?

{text-align: center;}
Jdun5746
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Vision Blue ZS TDCI
Refferer: Google

1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Jdun5746 »

That's better than what I get from mine, driving 'sensible' I got 64mpg but normally I get between 40-47mpg

Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: 1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Nath »

Jdun5746 wrote: but normally I get between 40-47mpg
Woah, thee lowest I've had [since it has worn in] when driving enthusiastically for a whole tank was 55mpg! Sounds like you're driving it like a petrol.
But for info all my fill ups can be seen here: http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/413061.html - started off low 50's, got real low in it's first winter, then after 15k finally broke the 60mpg barrier, now get 60-65 on each tank.

Blueoval09
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Blueoval09 »

I find i get better mpg if i do long runs or occasionally give it a boot full, otherwise the dpf regeneration cuts in more frequently & that absolutely canes the fuel, about 3500 rpm through the gears once a month or so helps. My average is generally 50-55 mpg combined but i can see high 60's on a run if i wear light shoes ;0)

stutick
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Refferer: google

Post by stutick »

My average (for the week I've had it) is 50mpg... mostly town and occasional A-road driving and short trips... am yet to give it a long motorway run.

Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Doc943 »

A roads and short trips I get 56mpg with AC on and 64mpg with AC off. This average is over the last 12 months.

RickyTitX
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7 TitaniumX
Refferer: forum

Post by RickyTitX »

Nath wrote:
Woah, thee lowest I've had [since it has worn in] when driving enthusiastically for a whole tank was 55mpg! Sounds like you're driving it like a petrol.
But for info all my fill ups can be seen here: http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/413061.html - started off low 50's, got real low in it's first winter, then after 15k finally broke the 60mpg barrier, now get 60-65 on each tank.

The most I can seem to get when driving around town sensibly is 45-50 mpg. What exactly do you mean by driving like a petrol. Because I seriously think I'm doing something wrong hearing that you guys get 60+mpg

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

RickyTitX wrote:
Nath wrote:

The most I can seem to get when driving around town sensibly is 45-50 mpg. What exactly do you mean by driving like a petrol. Because I seriously think I'm doing something wrong hearing that you guys get 60+mpg
Driving like a petrol = revving the nuts off it and changing gears at a high rpm. You should be changing before 2k in a diesel. Plan ahead and try to avoid sudden braking (not always easy in town I know)

Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Doc943 »

Your town mpg seems a little low. Mostly short trips?

RickyTitX
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7 TitaniumX
Refferer: forum

Post by RickyTitX »

Yeah mostly short trips to college and work and back really like 6/7 miles a trip I would say my average is. The clock is on 39.4mpg atm. If I reset the mpg and drive as sensiblyI can get it to stay around late 40's early 50's but I have to be constantly watching the mpg counter and if I get frisky with the throttle for a bit that all goes out the window and I'm back down to 41ish.