Replacing the steering wheel

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
skyshade
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta
Refferer: google

Replacing the steering wheel

Post by skyshade »

Hello,
My new Fiesta is a 2011 model without USB / Blutooth and without sound control on the steering wheel.

I really want to have my iPhone connected to the car, and I want to control the sound through the steering wheel. The part of the sound/iphone, I'll buy a aftermarkt multimedia kit , but still do not know to put the control on the steering wheel.

I found a steering wheel with sound control on eBay. Can you guys give me a hint if I can replace it? I need more parts in addition to steering wheels?

{text-align: center;}
skyshade
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Re: Replacing the steering wheel

Post by skyshade »

I checked microcat and I believe that I will need more parts to change steering wheel and made audio controls working.
I will probably have to change all sound parts, include main unit, because this control buttons support bluetooth.

Changing this switch assy for the version 8A6T 13335-CC, I will probably have to change the unit with 9 digits keys and the top screen, will need to put the usb port and bluetooh module.

I will try to talk with someone in Ford workshop, maybe they can help. If someone here can help I will appreciate that.
Attachments
This swith assy probably need to be changed for the USB+Bluetooth version.
This swith assy probably need to be changed for the USB+Bluetooth version.
Screen Shot 2012-07-22 at 15.14.20.png (78.55 KiB) Viewed 3944 times

skyshade
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by skyshade »

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/to ... ord-c-max/

I found this post about a guy that get Cruise Control on his Focus just changing the steering wheel and active it on IDS.
Maybe I have same luck and its work on MK7 without other parts...

Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

skyshade wrote:http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/to ... ord-c-max/

I found this post about a guy that get Cruise Control on his Focus just changing the steering wheel and active it on IDS.
Maybe I have same luck and its work on MK7 without other parts...
It does work on the Fiesta MK7 - change it to a Titanium steering wheel with the buttons, activate by uploading a modified file through IDS.
It only works on certain models and you have to check if yours is compatible first,

Gareth
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Mk7, Cortina Mk3,
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by Gareth »

Just found this old post.
How did you get on?
I'm thinking of changing my steering wheel for one with cruise control and I'm wondering if anyone here has done the CC upgrade?

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

Gareth wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:11 pm
Just found this old post.
How did you get on?
I'm thinking of changing my steering wheel for one with cruise control and I'm wondering if anyone here has done the CC upgrade?
I've done over 100 of them, you can PM me :)