DIY Alloy Refurb

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Jme73
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

DIY Alloy Refurb

Post by Jme73 »

So I got fed up with the state of the alloys on my car, the previous owner obviously used the kerbs on both side as parking markers!!! :shock:
Even the rears were bad, not as bad as the front but bad enough. I have enquired around for refurbishment and the best I found was £300 for all four but I would be without wheels for about 4 days. Not practical as I need the car every day pretty much. So I have decided to do it at home.
I have cleaned them up and rubbed down the bad areas and filled using Chemical Metal and re-sanded to get as smooth as possible. Then got some U-Pol Etch primer and applied this to the two front wheels 3 coats with 10 mins approx between each one. Really recommend this stuff just make sure you where a mask etc.
And currently applying Halfords Anthracite Wheel Paint, I did look at Hammerite but got put off due to finish and incompatibility with other paints and primers. Will apply the heavy duty lacquer once the painting is all done and smoothed. I will post some pics when done.

I have one quick question though, front wheels came off fine. Back wheels however are stuck on solid. Have tried levering the off, kicking them off, hitting with rubber hammer on tire and even loosen the wheel nuts and drive over a large lump of wood to try and shock them off. Not moving!
Anyone have any ideas? May end up going round to the local tyre guys and see if they can lift it up and get them off on the ramp.

Thanks

Jamie