Stereo plug

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
ukd4v1d
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta
Refferer: google

Re: Stereo plug

Post by ukd4v1d »

tonyk wrote:I've been looking at this for some time because I do not want to chop the old plugs off. The old set up uses volvo style plugs so I have found a parrot adapter which has both the old plugs which I'll chop off the ones i'll need and attach to a 24 pin ford plug from another parrot kit.
I've bought the volvo kit with the correct 2008-2010 plugs, just waiting on the 2010 onwards kit coming

Guy in audio shop reckoned it cannot be done cos some of the lives differ and 1 has a 5v feed at some point? sounds like crap to me!

According to haynes their are no difference in the wiring and the book covers 2008-2011 it just says audio plug it doesn't say how many pins or the name of it. There are also a coulple of 2012 model fiesta's on ebay at the moment, if there is a join further back in the loom i would just buy that part of the loom. Does anyone know how much of the loom has actually changed in the 2010 onward model car? The reason being is that i quite fancy fitting keyless entry and i'm second guessing the loom for the keyless entry will provide me with the correct audio plug.

You might be thinking why would you bother, but to be honest I quite enjoy retro fitting extra's that do not belong, it's a bit of a hobby of mine lol

I fitted a rover 620Ti engine to my MGZR and nobody would help me with the wiring, so after sitting for many stressfull hours with 2 haynes i figured out what wires needed wiring into what to make the engine work from the ZR car loom paired with the 220 loom ;)

{text-align: center;}
Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

ukd4v1d wrote:You might be thinking why would you bother, but to be honest I quite enjoy retro fitting extra's that do not belong, it's a bit of a hobby of mine lol
Same here - hence the cruise control, powerfold mirrors, ambient lighting etc ;)

ukd4v1d
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by ukd4v1d »

Nath wrote:
ukd4v1d wrote:You might be thinking why would you bother, but to be honest I quite enjoy retro fitting extra's that do not belong, it's a bit of a hobby of mine lol
Same here - hence the cruise control, powerfold mirrors, ambient lighting etc ;)
What parts do you require for the cruise control, want to fit it to me better half's 2011 zetec?

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

ukd4v1d wrote:
Nath wrote:
What parts do you require for the cruise control, want to fit it to me better half's 2011 zetec?
Need to check the car is compatible first - PM me an email address and I'll send over a guide ;)

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Stereo plug

Post by tonyk »

Job done, made the loom as above, fired up with no issues.

ukd4v1d
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by ukd4v1d »

tonyk wrote:Job done, made the loom as above, fired up with no issues.
Have you got both wiring diagrams? i've got mine coming, hopefully today :) got both looms, the aerial plug and the stereo ordered ;)

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Stereo plug

Post by tonyk »

ukd4v1d wrote:
tonyk wrote:Job done, made the loom as above, fired up with no issues.
Have you got both wiring diagrams? i've got mine coming, hopefully today :) got both looms, the aerial plug and the stereo ordered ;)
I've had a lot of requests for a guide, I'm off next week so I'll knock something up.

ukd4v1d
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by ukd4v1d »

Ive started it, i don't need a guide just a direction of the pinout's of both looms would suffice? Speaker wires, lives and earth sorted, just need to figure the rest. I have searched for a bit this morning but cannot find pinouts for 2008-2010 or 2010 onwards fiesta's :(

ukd4v1d
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by ukd4v1d »

ha ha ha just my sodding luck, the parrot leads look similar to plugs (i never actually had the items in hand) and both are wrong

doh!

So i need to buy the correct parrot leads, so for now i've just plugged the sony front into the ford unit, all works except the DSP button and sound button :P

The project continues

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Stereo plug

Post by tonyk »

ukd4v1d wrote:all works except the DSP button and sound button :P

The project continues
I have the same issue as well as the mute button. Tbh you can access them through the menus so am not bothered.