Clicking noise when braking slowly

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Tyni_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Mk7 Fiesta
Refferer: Search engine

Post by Tyni_Mk7 »

Hi all,

I'm new to the fiesta world, got myself a black 1.6 TDCI Zetec S, i will get pics up soon but ive come across an annoying problem which no doubt many people have faced, i have read a few things relating to my issue but havent actually came across the actual solution, basically after driving 20mins when the cars warmed up, when im coming to a stop when braking and only when its goin very slow to almost a stop i hear a clicking noise from i think the driverside wheel, at first i thought, sticky pads, so got the wheels off and copper greased the pads an caliper, thought it cured the problem until the noise has re-appeared, so either the copper grease dosnt really make a differnece or its another problem, ive been reading people saying its a ball joint issue but i think if that was the case it would be noisy all the time? another thread i read was the driveshaft support bearing? has anyone else had this issue and does this sound like the cause, im pretty good at fixing an replacing parts myself, so ive i can nail where the noise is exactly coming from ill get it sorted but i dont want to start replacing, ball joints, drop links, bushes an all that jazz an the noise still be there.. sorry for the major long thread, just an annoying sound i want to get rid of :pray:

Hope you all can help.. cheers

Ty :D

{text-align: center;}
Tyni_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Tyni_Mk7 »

Just an update, I've ordered new anti rattle shims, will let you all know of this cures the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyni_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Re: Clicking noise when braking slowly

Post by Tyni_Mk7 »

Ok so quick update, fitted the new shims an so far so good, clicking noise has stopped

dave3974
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta 1.6 zetec s diesel
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by dave3974 »

SOUNDS LIKE A CRACK IN THE DISC

Tyni_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Tyni_Mk7 »

No cracks in the discs mate, I changed the drop link an pads an for a couple of weeks the noise had stopped but now it's started again! I've no idea what this is, will take another look at the weekend but it's really starting to get on my wick!!

jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Post by jam_rs »

What make are the brake pads??
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7

Tyni_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Tyni_Mk7 »

Pagid pads fitted mate! Thought that was the issue also fitted new anti-rattle shims and drop link as the old one was slaughtered

Tyni_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Tyni_Mk7 »

i tightened up the drop link a little more as it seemed abit slack but i noticed when the wheel was on and the car jacked up when you shake the wheel from 9-3o'clock there is movement and a slight knock noise but the knock sounded like it was coming from the upper strut when i did this which has confused me? woud anyone else be able to help on what might be wrong, would it be possible for the top stuct nut to be loose an cause a knocking noise when braking slowly?

Cheers