Basic ICE upgrade to phone model

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
fenair
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Zetec Edge
Refferer: Google

Basic ICE upgrade to phone model

Post by fenair »

Guys, i am looking for some help, most probably covered before but after a few hours of searching i cant find anything relating to my question,

My daughter has bought a 2012 1.25 fiesta, it has the base model ICE ( one with sound button not Phone button) , it has the USB and 3.5mm Jack socket in the center console.

As she is a new driver, and to make life simple for us, i would like to change the set up to a bluetooth hands free set up as in factory, rather than messing about trying to get a parrot in with additional comms stalk etc just a bit of a faf, ( i have had parrot and although good not always the best)

So has anyone changed out the bog standard ICE that is fitted and upgraded to the factory set up with BT ?
I appreciate that there has to be the nokia BT module installed and steering wheel change for comms control and mic in the roof, but these can be sourced from the breakers.

Whats involved and will the change require IDS use ? has anyone done this, or whats the alternative as in double din set up etc for a AM system?

Advice please..

Thanks in advance
Pat :D