Unidentifiable noise from centre console help?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Jimnibob
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta
Refferer: search engine

Unidentifiable noise from centre console help?

Post by Jimnibob »

Hi,

I have a Ford Fiesta Titanium Mk7 (2009) and there is a noise coming from behind the centre console. I have recorded this on video for people to listen to.

It occurs
  • Irrespective of whether the cars climate control is turned on or off
  • It also happens without the ignition or engine being on
  • It has occurred as soon as I open the door to the car without even putting the key in the ignition.

https://youtu.be/lwSc-NTaG3A

Any ideas?

Thanks

{text-align: center;}
fiesta1.6
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: Internet

Re: Unidentifiable noise from centre console help?

Post by fiesta1.6 »

Jimnibob wrote:Hi,

I have a Ford Fiesta Titanium Mk7 (2009) and there is a noise coming from behind the centre console. I have recorded this on video for people to listen to.

It occurs
  • Irrespective of whether the cars climate control is turned on or off
  • It also happens without the ignition or engine being on
  • It has occurred as soon as I open the door to the car without even putting the key in the ignition.

https://youtu.be/lwSc-NTaG3A

Any ideas?

Thanks
Definitely one of the heater vent actuators, the common one to go is one at the drivers side. If you put your hand up inside the centre console roughly where your knee would be if sitting in the drivers seat, you will feel it, once you locate it, it’s not too difficult to replace, just awkward to get to.
Hope this helps.