Front bearing fitted now have ABS light on

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
JennieFiesta
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Front bearing fitted now have ABS light on

Post by JennieFiesta »

Hi all,

I have had a font bearing fitted to my 1.4 TDCI Mk7. I purchased a F.A.G ABS bearing removed the hub and paid a garage to press it in. After re-fitting the HUB abs light has come on and the code indicated the sensor. I was surprised as I was extremely careful with the sensor. Anyway purchased new sensor now fitted and i have the same issue ☹ When I clear the code the ABS light stays off until you hit about 5MPH.

I am suspecting the bearing has been damaged during installation or fitted the wrong way. I have checked though and the red ring on the bearing is towards the sensor and I put small screw driver down the ABS hole and the bearing is magnetic. SO I am thinking it is installed the correct way ?? As I do not have a press I have never actually pressed a bearing in so maybe someone with more experience knows which side is correct?

Before I go and get a new bearing has anyone got any other ideas what could be causing it? Is there anyway to check on the wiring to the ABS sensor just so I can eliminate that?

Really annoyed with it, as I was going to go cheap on the bearing and decided not to and bought a decent brand!! Garage who fitted it is a good garage so would be shocked as well if it is the incorrect way. Bit stuck now on what else other than the bearing it could be.

Googling I have seen posts where people say the sensors need programming? Any truth in this?

Thanks

{text-align: center;}
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Re: Front bearing fitted now have ABS light on

Post by jam_rs »

Few possibilites here:

1. The bearing is in around the wrong way.
2. The sensor is not in the hub enough and the air gap is to big between the bearing and the hub. Take the sensor out, clean everything up and go again.

I would say its really unlikely that there is an issue with the wiring as was all ok before.
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7