TDCI Titanium Suspension

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6TDCI Titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

TDCI Titanium Suspension

Post by samjprobinson »

Hi all, I have just got back from a very enjoyable holiday on the mainland and covered a massive amount of miles on the motorways. Whilst I was up in Scotland and the Lake District, I found that my car wallowed everywhere, probably due to being on the standard suspension set up for a boring Titanium. Whats the best option to stiffen the suspension up a bit? Not looking at going mad and probably won't want much of a drop in height either, but just something so she doesn't wallow so much! My parent's loved the car, apart from driving them back from a day out in Inverness as they said the car made them both feel travel sick (a curse that has never blighted our family). Its not the first time someone has commented on this travel sick feeling when being in the back of the Titanium and makes me wonder if it is the super wallowly suspension. Is the Zetec S setup the best thing to go for? Or should I look at the Eibach system that Ford retail? I've never changed suspension on a car before so any assistance (not in the actual changing of the springs, I'll get my friend to do that!) in what the best setup would be I would be grateful!

Cheers! :)

{text-align: center;}
Blueoval09
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Re: TDCI Titanium Suspension

Post by Blueoval09 »

Got the eibach pro kit springs on my titanium, lower it by about 30mm and sharpen the handling up but without sacrificing ride comfort. If you're handy with the spanners it should only take a couple of hours to fit them, rears can be done in about 15 mins flat!

Lord Miff
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Slowly & smoothly.

Post by Lord Miff »

Did you increase the tyre pressures to cope with the extra loads of the rear passengers? If not, then it would definitely be a wallowy old Hector...

The TDCI TITanium only has approx 4 inches of ground clearance at the front with a 9.5st driver in :D . Lower suspension AND 3 passengers isn't going to help that :geek:
2009 Fiesta 1600 tdci TITanium. 65.64mpg so far :-)

Couple of motorbikes. Sod the MPG, they're faster and more fun than cars :-D

samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6TDCI Titanium

Post by samjprobinson »

Yeah I certainly did pump up the tyres, fronts to 35 & rears to 46 as per the manual! I would imagine if I'd left them untouched from the 26 at the rear I'd be all over the place! On the plus side I did average 68.7MPG over the whole journey which was impressive!