1.6 tdci turbo issue

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
colin-tdci
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: zetec tdci
Refferer: forum

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by colin-tdci »

Concerning the lag when I first got car the turbo kicked in about 2000 revs but now it feels as tho it kicks in at 3000 , just incase any1 can help

Cheers Colin

{text-align: center;}
samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6TDCI Titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: 1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by samjprobinson »

Take it back to Ford, I did saying that it suffered from bad turbo lag only for the Service Manager to turn around and say it is a pre 06/2011 car? I said yes and they took it straight into the workshop, plugged the OBD into their computer; updated the ECU and gave the car back to me, and boy its a lot better! Ford released an update when the post 6/11 cars were built, so don't tend to suffer so much with it, pre 6/11 cars do seem to suffer much more with the turbo not being on time! So, if you have a problem just whizz off to Ford and demand the update!

colin-tdci
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by colin-tdci »

Hey thanks for reply its a 2010 60 plate ? Would that be warranty or how much would I be paying ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using My iPhone 5

patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by patterson »

colin-tdci wrote:Hey thanks for reply its a 2010 60 plate ? Would that be warranty or how much would I be paying ?

I would think an update would be free, get the car serviced and ask them to update electronics, they should also do to the radio/Bluetooth update for you to
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

colin-tdci
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by colin-tdci »

Kool thanks for the help iv done the radio and Bluetooth as my phone wasn't working on it. Ill phone ford see what can be done thanks !

Ian.ZS.TDCi
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: MK7 ZS TDCi
Refferer: google

Post by Ian.ZS.TDCi »

I can't ever tell if my turbo kicks in!! Perhaps it's broke

colin-tdci
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by colin-tdci »

Ian.ZS.TDCi wrote:I can't ever tell if my turbo kicks in!! Perhaps it's broke
I took it back and all they did was update the software for it , I don't think u get much notice of the turbo as it ain't really a big turbo , I do get a wee delay then it kicks in but its not majorly pushing the car forward as mines is only a 1.6 , maybe better looking down the route of remapping your car maybe make the turbo more better.
I'm getting mine done soon hopefully