1.6 tdci turbo issue

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
colin-tdci
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: zetec tdci
Refferer: forum

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by colin-tdci »

I know their has been talk of this happening to the diesel turbos but has anyone got any tips as to maybe help the turbo as its my first diesel ??? Getting it mapped sooon to help , but feel as tho the turbo is lagging alot, and I'm guessing if I take it to ford it could cost a fair amount

Thanks Colin

{text-align: center;}
patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by patterson »

Don't diesel turbos always have some lag, maybe you have a crack in one of the pipes, happened to my mates Astra diesel. Is it in warranty
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by tonyk »

Get it checked if you're concerned but Ford diesels are laggy at the best of times.

Blueoval09
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Re: 1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by Blueoval09 »

You'll be lucky if it can be remapped, had mine put on the latest software at clive atthowe in norwich just before xmas and the 1.6 bosch system registers as a 1.4 siemens, the ecu has to be removed, stripped and flashed off the car so you'll probably lose it for a couple of days, looked into the superchips route as well through the local agent (sca performance) and was told the ecu has to go superchips themselves to be done, decided to go more for handling than power now as i can't afford to lose the car for the time it'd take :-|

patterson

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by patterson »

I thought if you remapped a diesel if made it rapid lol. My mate got his transit done and boy it it fly... For a transit anyway lol
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

Blueoval09
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Post by Blueoval09 »

They do if you can map them, my mates pug 207 diesel is pushing out just over 140bhp, the new fez has a tri core ecu though apparently and nobodys been able to break the security protocols that allow mapping via the plug so far :sad:

patterson

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by patterson »

Blueoval09 wrote:They do if you can map them, my mates pug 207 diesel is pushing out just over 140bhp, the new fez has a tri core ecu though apparently and nobodys been able to break the security protocols that allow mapping via the plug so far :sad:
Not good for diesel owners then
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by tonyk »

patterson wrote:
Blueoval09 wrote:They do if you can map them, my mates pug 207 diesel is pushing out just over 140bhp, the new fez has a tri core ecu though apparently and nobodys been able to break the security protocols that allow mapping via the plug so far :sad:
Not good for diesel owners then
I beg to differ, there are plenty of remapped 90/95 Tdci's about. Use the search button for recommended companies.

BenC11
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Zetec S TDCI
Refferer: Google

Post by BenC11 »

I have had my remapped by RS Tuning in Leeds back in october the company has a good reputation and service was brilliant. they run it on the Rolling road to see what its making standard then take out the ECU, flash it with the new map then re run it on the rolling road.

I have an 09 Zetec S TDCI 90 version was remapped to 120 which is the normal difference you see on a map, some engines come from factory slightly stronger than others so you may see a difference by a few bhp either way, also if your running any other upgrades this could affect it as well, i am just running a panel filter on mine. any higher than 120 he stated that it can cause to much stress on the turbo with out other mods to the engine in order to cope with it

I think with the newer 95 version's they have found it alot more difficult to remap them but still do able.

colin-tdci
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: zetec tdci
Refferer: forum

1.6 tdci turbo issue

Post by colin-tdci »

Have the 95 tdci and only place I know that maps them or can in Scotland is super chips in fife ! But they said they are still looking into the software ! Really want it done but not if its gonna lag