Fiesta headlights very poor projecting ahead problems

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Mel D
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2009 Ford Fiesta Titanium
Refferer: search engine

Fiesta headlights very poor projecting ahead problems

Post by Mel D »

Hello I am new to the forum and have just bought a fiesta titanium, I drove on a road that had no street lighting and could not see ahead far enough it was very dangerous. I changed the bulbs to 120 % brighter but still have not made enough difference, I have even taken the car to hendy fords who said there was nothing wrong with the lights but its not safe to drive like this. Has anyone got any ideas that would help with this. Thank you

{text-align: center;}
CarlW
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium TDCi
Refferer: Google

Re: Fiesta headlights very poor projecting ahead problems

Post by CarlW »

Is it they are not bright enough or they are not pointing far enough ahead?

If it's the distance they are pointing ahead, have you tried adjusting the level using the outer ring of the fog lamp switch to make sure they are set to the highest setting?

Mel D
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2009 Ford Fiesta Titanium
Refferer: search engine

Post by Mel D »

CarlW wrote:Is it they are not bright enough or they are not pointing far enough ahead?

If it's the distance they are pointing ahead, have you tried adjusting the level using the outer ring of the fog lamp switch to make sure they are set to the highest setting?
Hello in the beginning it was not bright enough or pointing far ahead enough, I put in the brighter bulbs in which have helped alittle with brightness but does not point far enough ahead, I have checked the adjuster switch its on 0 cannot be adjusted anymore.

jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Post by jam_rs »

Does the adjuster switch actually move the headlamps? Probably best too check this in the dark when pointing up against a wall.
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7