Headlight front bolt only turns in fixing

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
elmariachi
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta
Refferer: google

Headlight front bolt only turns in fixing

Post by elmariachi »

Hi all.

Got an issue when trying to remove my nearside headlight to replace the dipped bulb - the front fixing bolt simply turns in its fixing hole, in a slightly non-circular motion as it pushes the headlight out very slightly and back in again. It was very stiff and wouldn't turn at all at first, I think I may have broken whatever fixing it's in by trying to loosen it.

I've now applied some WD40 penetrant to try and free it up (as the whole thing is a bit rusty) but it's made no difference so far.

I've checked the other side of the car and the bolt appears to sit in a circular washer which in turn as sat in the front frame of the car.

I'm wondering if I'll have to take the bumper off to get a better look at this thing but am trying to avoid it!

Anyone else experience this? Doesn't look like I can change the bulb in situ as I think the fuse box is in the way.