Ford Fiesta Problems Starting Engine

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
BasalGanglia
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta
Refferer: Google

Ford Fiesta Problems Starting Engine

Post by BasalGanglia »

I Just purchased a 63Reg Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1 Litre Petrol Engine - Titanium. My old car was a 2005 Ford Fiesta 1.4. The guy said to me that you have to press both the Clutch and the Brake before turning the key in order for it to start. I have found it take a few times to get it going. Does it have to be done in a certain order or could there be something wrong?

In the manual it does not mention pressing the brake, only the clutch but on the display it does say to press both. I looked this up and there were people that said they they never used to have to do this but do now. So got me worries that there might be something wrong. Hopefully it's just me.

So is this normal to have to this? And is there an exact order you have to follow like turn the key to number 2 then wait a few seconds before pressing the pedals? I tried different combination but cant seem to see a pattern.

Thanks
James