ESP, airbag & parking aid button panel

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Bits-left-over
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: JA8 5dr 1.6TDCi Titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

ESP, airbag & parking aid button panel

Post by Bits-left-over »

Does anyone have all 3 buttons (the ESP button, the passenger airbag light & the parking aid button) populated & working on a mk7 (or a mk7.5, if there’s no difference)? I’ve been reading online that Ford don’t sell the panel with all three buttons in it, although, I’ve seen the photos of someone having made it work (could be a mk7.5 or newer). I’ve bought a panel that has the ESP button & the passenger airbag light (inc glove box switch). Do the pins do different jobs depending on what buttons are fitted in the panel, or are there dedicated pins for each function?

On a panel with just the ESP function, only pins 2-5 & 9 are present. A panel with the airbag light fitted uses pins 6 & 7. Pins 5(common) & 10 are the parking aid button contacts, however, the pins that would drive the LEDs for the airbag & parking aid are dead ends on the circuit board. Can i put on front parking sensors as well if I can get the button added?

Thanks,
Paul
I’m smart enough to know I'm thick.