Spare wheel - What have you done?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
fiestaryder
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk 7
Refferer: Google

Spare wheel - What have you done?

Post by fiestaryder »

What spare wheel are you guys carrying in your car?

Right now I only have the pump and goo, which really is not going to cut it. The options appear to be either a space saver wheel or a full size wheel. I am guessing the full size wheel will not fit properly under the floor of the boot.

Am I missing anything from the following list of things I would require to have a spare in my boot?

1. Full size spare or space saver
2. Jack
3. Tool kit
4. Pump

{text-align: center;}
DGZS
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: google suggestion

Re: Spare wheel - What have you done?

Post by DGZS »

You should be able to get a full size wheel in the boot, some fiestas come with a spare & jack rather than the stupid repair kit thing you're talking about. Every now & then they pop up on eBay complete with jack & the foam holder that sits inside the wheel. I've got a 17" alloy as a spare in mine, fits in the wheel well just sits an inch or so proud of the boot floor though being that it wider than a standard steel wheel.

Blueoval09
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Post by Blueoval09 »

Got rid of the gunk and replaced it with a 15" steel rim, have had to put a piece of ply under the boot carpet to keep it level but it fits fine. I'd advise going to a breakers yard for the rim & jack as ford will rob you blind, paid £30 from a breaker for the rim & jack and another £45 for a hankook tyre, ford wanted around £90 + vat just for the space saver rim!

Lord Miff
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Slowly & smoothly.
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by Lord Miff »

Mine has a "space saver" fitted from the factory.

Well, THEY call it a space saver, but as it's a 14" rim, the tyre is actually bigger than the wheels were on my first Fiesta (1976 model).

If I ever need to use it, I won't be sticking to the suggested 50 limit...
2009 Fiesta 1600 tdci TITanium. 65.64mpg so far :-)

Couple of motorbikes. Sod the MPG, they're faster and more fun than cars :-D