Replacement door mirror?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Graphite
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Scooby

Replacement door mirror?

Post by Graphite »

A mate with a silver 2010 Fiesta has had the passenger door mirror ripped off by some toerag...

I'm assuming a replacement mirror from a breakers/ ebay will be a simple remove the stub of one and replace with the other job?

Anything to look out for?
And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31

{text-align: center;}
Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: Replacement door mirror?

Post by Nath »

You'll need to take the door card off to unplug the old one, then it's just a single nut holding it on.
Instructions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P_4udZJfq4

Graphite
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Scooby

Post by Graphite »

Thanks Nath - are they all the same - or do I need a specific version for the Titanium to get the folding mirror function?

Cheers :mrgreen:
And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31

Nath

Post by Nath »

Powerfold mirrors have 8 wires going to the plug, a standard heated & electrically adjustable one only has 6.

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6TD
Refferer: Google

Post by Jamesk07 »

I know you've asked for instructions, but, for info I thought I'd share Nath...

Yesterday some b*****d smashed my passenger mirror clean off, smashed it to pieces... Long story short, the whole unit needs replacing. Been to Ford this morning who are always very helpful to me I must say. £250 is the cost of supplying and fitting. That's for a colour coded, power folding, motorised, heated wing mirror with indicator. So yes, expensive business! I did have a look at eBay for alternatives, but I really didn't want to replace it with a non Ford one, so figured I'd just let them do the work and suck it up... Not happy but what can you do?

James

Nath

Post by Nath »

Jamesk07 wrote:Not happy but what can you do?
Buy replacement mirror for £57: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk8-Fiesta-Po ... 4ac2fbd321
Buy replacement cap for £35: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-0 ... 27cf86f706

Fit yourself in an hour and save £158 ;)

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Jamesk07 »

Cheers Nath :D

You are right, that is the cheapest, most sensible way to do it I agree. Unfortunately I wouldn't even know where to begin with fitting one (really not mechanically minded at all). Plus, I just don't get the time... Least this way it's done and I can stop stressing about it. When I walked back to my car to find the damage it was like a scene from 'Falling Down'... I must have looked mental, swearing and throwing a tantrum in Tesco's car park... Not a good look.

James

Nath

Post by Nath »

Jamesk07 wrote:Cheers Nath :D

You are right, that is the cheapest, most sensible way to do it I agree. Unfortunately I wouldn't even know where to begin with fitting one (really not mechanically minded at all). Plus, I just don't get the time... Least this way it's done and I can stop stressing about it. When I walked back to my car to find the damage it was like a scene from 'Falling Down'... I must have looked mental, swearing and throwing a tantrum in Tesco's car park... Not a good look.

James
Where are you? I'll do it for £240 :p

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Jamesk07 »

I'm down in Margate... I am now seriously considering giving this a go myself... :D

Nath

Post by Nath »

Jamesk07 wrote:I'm down in Margate... I am now seriously considering giving this a go myself... :D
You've seen my vid (link above) hardest part is feeding new mirror cable through so it's not in window channel, just use a shoe string to help.