Car not starting problem

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
andy123
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta Metal
Refferer: Search Engine

Car not starting problem

Post by andy123 »

Hi guys,

Need a bit of help to try and determine why my car won't start. I have a Fiesta MK7 Metal 1.6, 61 plate.

Everything has been working fine until this afternoon when I went to start it. Everything on the dash and radio control panel was flashing and clicking. I thought it probably because the battery is flat. I jumped it and it started straightaway so went out as normal. I then turned my car off at the local shop and after 5 minutes it was doing the same thing so had to jump it again. I took it to a battery/tyre shop to test the battery and they said it is reading good and the battery is showing a green light. I went home and left it 20 minutes. It wouldn't start again. Its clicking and trying to turn over but won't. When I had started it, there were not suspect lights flashing or being displayed on the dash so not sure if it definitely is the battery. I don't want to buy a new battery if it isn't that, seeing as when it was checked they said it was reading good and OK.

Could it be the battery? I spoke to a friend across the road who builds cars and knows his stuff. He came and had a look and said it wouldn't be my starter or alternator. I showed him what it was doing and he said the clicking noise suggests it is the battery but is it actually the battery?

Any help would be appreciated. I am thinking of taking to Ford first thing Monday but are they going to charge me just to check it and see if they know what it might be. I don't have any multimeters or anything to do any of my own checks, not the most technical guy when it comes to car problems...

Thanks.

{text-align: center;}
Mihai
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Skoda fabia
Refferer: Google

Re: Car not starting problem

Post by Mihai »

Did you solve it? I have similar problem