Removal of Fiesta Zetec S front lip?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
AJCuffe
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: Friend

Removal of Fiesta Zetec S front lip?

Post by AJCuffe »

I hope someone could clarify this for me. I am thinking of removing the front lip from my Zetec S in order to have it resprayed (to get rid of the slight scuff marks at the bottom), however after speaking to a friend, apparently the lip is a pain to install again. Infact, my friend ended up gluing his back into place.

I have read various installation instructions online and a lot of them state that the lip is fixed at the top using 3M tape whilst riveted at the bottom. Could someone clarify whether or not this is how the skirt is installed as standard from the factory? The reason for asking is that I don't want to find myself in a difficult situation once I have removed the lip. I have been told by my friend that there are some 'metal clips' that get destroyed on removal and these clips are needed again for installation.

Either that or I could fit a Triple-R Composite front splitter, however I don't know how far the 'curved lip' on the actual splitter extends over the bottom of the bumper skirt (in effect, covering the scuffs). If someone has one of these installed could you provide any input?

Is anyone able to help?

Thanks.

{text-align: center;}
AJCuffe
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Re: Removal of Fiesta Zetec S front lip?

Post by AJCuffe »

28 views and not one reply? Surely someone can help? :(

patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by patterson »

Why not just remove the front bumper it's alot less hassle
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

AJCuffe
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by AJCuffe »

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking this but I was told by someone at a local body-shop that I'd need to remove the skirt. I think this is rubbish myself, but as I'm not a professional I can't say whether that's the case or not.

Surely though, as you say, the skirt could just be sprayed whilst on the bumper?

patterson
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by patterson »

AJCuffe wrote:Thanks for the reply. I was thinking this but I was told by someone at a local body-shop that I'd need to remove the skirt. I think this is rubbish myself, but as I'm not a professional I can't say whether that's the case or not.

Surely though, as you say, the skirt could just be sprayed whilst on the bumper?
Yeah exactly but give mountune a call they sell the skirt separately tell them you want to get one ;) and want some advice on how to change it. I'm sure they will tell you how

Here is there number 01277 226666
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701