Passenger Side Rattle - SOLVED

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
ashley14297
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 1.6 Zetec-S
Refferer: Search Engine

Passenger Side Rattle - SOLVED

Post by ashley14297 »

Hi all,

New to the forum but thought someone may be interested in a fix for the passenger side rattle - I've seen on a lot of other forums where people have been having the same problem.

My Zetec-S is 7 months old now and a couple of months back it developed a really loud annoying rattle from the passenger side. I couldn't work out where it was coming from at all - it was either the passenger door, back passenger side (where the fourth door would be), or the boot. I spent hours trying to find it, even took it back to Ford but they were useless.

Anyway, this morning I've spent another hour on it and have finally found it! If you take the trim off that surrounds the front seatbelts (it's held on by flimsy clips so be careful as I nearly snapped them) once you have one clip off slide your hand behind the trim and gently pull away from the car and the rest should unclip enough so that you can see the whole seatbelt casing. Right at the bottom of the seatbelt casing (to the right hand side) there is a plastic 'arm' that is feeding a wire through. This is banging against the metal and causing a rattling sound when driving. All I used was a couple of double sided sticky foam pads to secure it in place and now have no rattle :dance: :dance: :dance: !! I started to get the rattle on the driver side as well so have done the same

{text-align: center;}
gotaparel
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: search engine

Re: Passenger Side Rattle - SOLVED

Post by gotaparel »

Thanks, I've been looking for such a review.

Billy_boy11
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 2009 1.25 fiesta
Refferer: google

Post by Billy_boy11 »

I have a rattle under the dash on the passenger side but the volume button on the radio fixes that lol

dmulv
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 1.6 TDCi Titanium
Refferer: Google

Post by dmulv »

Another culprit for rattles is the bit where the plastic forming the stowage bin of the door meets up with the main door panel... there's a join running to the back of the door that can make a lot of noise