Radiator Fan not kicking in

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
rickycowslip
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta mk7

Radiator Fan not kicking in

Post by rickycowslip »

contrary to normal question on radiator fans on the Fiesta, whereby it has a tendancy to stay on when the aircon is on (I am led to believe this is normal) my fan is not kicking in - something I only discovered in this heatwave in a traffic jam when steam started to come from the bonnet.. I suspect it may be related to changing the heated windscreen over the winter, if so I hope its just a fuse change job rather than a £300+ garage bill. Can anyone advise how I can check if its a fuseb and if so if replacement is easy ? I've checked the obvious mini-fuses and they seem fine, but the manual also suggests those large box type fuses control the fan, and its not clear which fan they refer to - the heater fan or radiator fan.

{text-align: center;}
Blueoval09
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Re: Radiator Fan not kicking in

Post by Blueoval09 »

Had to replace the relay on mine (bloody great grey one under the bonnet), the contacts had burnt out, apparently a common problem as the bloke said he'd sold 6 in a fortnight...