Engine hesitation?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
FezZS
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Mk7 Zetec S Petrol
Refferer: Google

Engine hesitation?

Post by FezZS »

Mk7 Zetec S Petrol (61 plate).

I've started noticing this problem getting worse... The car feels like it is hesitating almost when power is demanded. I know this car likes to be thrashed a little when you want to get some power out of it but now it doesn't quite feel right. E.g. If I put my foot down in 2nd, at some point in the rev range (usually 2500-3000rpm) there will be a dead spot for half a second where it feels like the car shudders a little. A little like turbo lag I guess, that feeling that the throttle isn't connected to the car. It's not the throttle response because initially the power comes on straight away.

I had a car with Coil Pack problems before and it doesn't feel anywhere near as bad as that. Most of the time the car is fine and performs well it just seems to be when I want to put my foot down a bit it's hesitant in places and when I do get to the high end of the rev range it doesn't feel like it's given as much as it can.

Any ideas?

{text-align: center;}
JackClargo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fez mk7 zetecs petrol
Refferer: good old google

Engine hesitation?

Post by JackClargo »

FezZS wrote:Mk7 Zetec S Petrol (61 plate).

I've started noticing this problem getting worse... The car feels like it is hesitating almost when power is demanded. I know this car likes to be thrashed a little when you want to get some power out of it but now it doesn't quite feel right. E.g. If I put my foot down in 2nd, at some point in the rev range (usually 2500-3000rpm) there will be a dead spot for half a second where it feels like the car shudders a little. A little like turbo lag I guess, that feeling that the throttle isn't connected to the car. It's not the throttle response because initially the power comes on straight away.

I had a car with Coil Pack problems before and it doesn't feel anywhere near as bad as that. Most of the time the car is fine and performs well it just seems to be when I want to put my foot down a bit it's hesitant in places and when I do get to the high end of the rev range it doesn't feel like it's given as much as it can.

Any ideas?
Sounds like the throttle body is on it's way out mate. Either that or it's been remapped and something's gone wrong ie wrong map

youngwenty
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: mk7 tdci 95 1.6
Refferer: search engine

Re: Engine hesitation?

Post by youngwenty »

Try cleaning the fuel filters , my car felt like it didnt have a turbo till I cleaned them,

Neoyami
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta mk7
Refferer: Search engine

Post by Neoyami »

I just had to have a part of my wiring loom replaced in the engine bay now it's done its a lot more powerful i heard its a common problem

youngwenty
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: mk7 tdci 95 1.6
Refferer: search engine

Post by youngwenty »

Neoyami wrote:I just had to have a part of my wiring loom replaced in the engine bay now it's done its a lot more powerful i heard its a common problem
Was there any extremely noticeable turbo lag between gear changes before you had that done ??

Neoyami
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Neoyami »

It felt as if I had no turbo but now you can really feel the turbo kick in

Neoyami
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Neoyami »

I know my car is a diesel but it still can mess up injector timings and air/fuel mixture

jmitton
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by jmitton »

I had the same problem on my 59 plate 1.4 diesel titanium. Ford could not solve the problem and didn't know what was causing it. So after 5 attempts of trying to sort it. They just replaced the car.