Lights in the front foot compartment

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Ryanmk7
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta 1.25 16v Mk7

Post by Ryanmk7 »

Hi there,
I have a Fiesta Edge which doesn't have ambient lighting. As I was looking the other day, in the foot well compartment/area, that underneath the dash below the glove box and the steering column, there is a small bulb holder for a 501 12v 5w bulb (the same as a side light bulb). I put in a 501 bulb to see if it would light up when I open my doors etc but nothing happened. Does anyone know how to get them to light up? Any information would be great :D

Thanks!

{text-align: center;}
Ben...
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Zetec S TDCi
Refferer: jam_rs

Re: Lights in the front foot compartment

Post by Ben... »

Is there space for a fuse for ambient lighting, and if so.. is there one in there?
Ford Fiesta Zetec S 2009 Panther Black
Project->http://fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10

nico
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Zetec

Post by nico »

check a few things... 1 if it is a LED you need to line it up correctly (which when i do it just involves leaving door open and trying to get it lit when poping it in) 2 check the ambient lighting option on the car HU see if it is turned on and then finally check (behind the glove box) fuses 13 15 and 18... either one of them is for the lighting

searly
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta

Post by searly »

Hi Mate , new to this forum, but have read on another forum , if you have the bulb holders in , then they should be live . I have a Zetec S and when i checked they had both holders in place . i popped down to Halfords and purchased the cheapest bulbs they had just to try it . It worked .

FOC_reaper
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta S140

Post by FOC_reaper »

Are the bulb holders easy to spot?

I've had a look under there and either I'm missing them or they are not there. :?

patterson
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by patterson »

Bulb holders are easy to spot once you know why your looking for, I eventually found mine, got all exited ripped out my reading lamp bulb and inserted it into one of the bulb holders, unfortunately it did not work. The karma of getting exited. It seems I bent the prongs of my light switch and just spent a painful hour trying to bend the prongs so it would work...

Anyway back to the ambient lighting in the footwells. Why does it not work if I have the bulb holders and wiring for it?
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

leeboy7810
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 zetec s
Refferer: Search engine

Post by leeboy7810 »

hi
is there any chance you can post a picture of where the bulb holder is located
many thanks

patterson
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by patterson »

Can't right now but look for a grey cylinder then you will see the metal of the connection. They are at the closest end to to in centre
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

Cb_newbie
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: S1600
Refferer: N\a

Post by Cb_newbie »

I'll try & post one in the next couple of days....as mentioned, they're in the middle of the footwell,mine are grey. On the drivers side, you can follow the steering column down, to just about where they are :)

kris
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Refferer: Google

Post by kris »

leeboy7810 wrote:hi
is there any chance you can post a picture of where the bulb holder is located
many thanks

send me your email via PM and i'll send a pic where the bulb holder is. it does take a bit of a fiddle to make them work as you cant see the connectors, just insert it without doing any pressure and turn it slowly until it comes on, then apply a bit of pressure and it should just pop in