Lumpy idle

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Elpanda82
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: Google

Lumpy idle

Post by Elpanda82 »

Hi All

Just bought a 2009, 1.6 petrol Zetec S and it seems to have a lumpy idle on start up. It lasts a few seconds then goes away and drives normal.
I take it this isn't normal. Got it booked in for a service next week, but if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Thanks

{text-align: center;}
nofinchance
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: googled it

Re: Lumpy idle

Post by nofinchance »

no idea what it is but my car seems to be similar. if you sit with the engine running for a minute or so every now and then it will misfire. Otherwise seems ok not wanting to investigate until it gets worse. I don't think a service will throw up the problem as you need to be plugged in to the diagnostic machine and that's not part of the service. Most mechanics now are guessers anyway as long as your paying for the parts. "its this or that" been down that road only thing to do is wait for the day it doesn't start at all and then get it seen too. :whistle: