Fiesta Nightmare!!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
4x4monster
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta
Refferer: google

Fiesta Nightmare!!

Post by 4x4monster »

Been having a lot of electrical trouble with my 2011 Fiesta 1.25. First started off as a battery warning light coming on every now and then. Has since had 2 replacement alternators and a new battery with no change. Had been into more than 5 different garages an no one has found the problem. Wiring has been checked by an auto-electrician and found no fault. Has now developed a new fault with the engine cooling fan where the fan does not come on when it should and often comes on from cold immediately after starting the car. Have been told by the latest mechanic that it is possibly a coolant temperature sensor fault which could possibly be linked to the charging issues. I am running out of ideas and mechanics! Any help would be appreciated :)

{text-align: center;}
nofinchance
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: googled it

Re: Fiesta Nightmare!!

Post by nofinchance »

you need to get to a ford dealer and have a full diagnostic run on the computer. Its not as expensive as you think and will save time and money on guess work in the long run. Electrical faults are like looking for lord Lucan riding shergar .I had trouble with a mk6 fiesta diesel and tried many 'experts' before giving up and going to a ford dealer . One of these 'experts' told me he was diagnosing the fault on his machine after two weeks I went to get my car back and found out he had done nothing and his machine was a bench and a tool box :doh: