Ordered

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
neilha
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: None yet...

Ordered

Post by neilha »

Oh well,

After weeks of reading and test driving I gave in today an ordered a 1.6 VCT Titanium in Frozen White. Put about as much as I could squeeze onto it... :D

Now I just need a few essential items, 32Gb flash drive, iPod cable, new sunglasses (might as well look the part, lol)

So the wait begins...

Cheers, Neil.

{text-align: center;}
Ben...
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Zetec S TDCi
Refferer: jam_rs

Re: Ordered

Post by Ben... »

Welcome.. Good choice

That will mean you need to fit a sunglasses holder.. Let the modding begin :lol:
Ford Fiesta Zetec S 2009 Panther Black
Project->http://fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10

neilha
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by neilha »

I had a holder for sunglasses in my last two cars and all I ever found in it was my missus' glasses! I think I'll start with some clear indicator bulbs and maybe some replacement bulbs for main beam. Did I read somewhere that MP3 files need to have 8.3 names?

Forest Ford
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Mk 7 Auto

Post by Forest Ford »

neilha wrote:O

Now I just need a few essential items, 32Gb flash drive, iPod cable, new sunglasses (might as well look the part, lol)

Neil.
...and don't forget the bucket and sponge!! Lol...

Enjoy the car...!

telwick
Drives: fiesta

Post by telwick »

Really hope you wont use a sponge :naughty:
Image[/quote]

neilha
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by neilha »

Hmm,

I've got a white car already...

It's a company car, so 2 washes a year max...

What's best? Apologies. It's Friday night and the demon that is red wine has taken over and I'm having to type everything at least three times. Mind you, I'm off out into Liverpool for food and plenty more beer tomorrow!

Anyway. Looking forward to the Fez.

I'm into photography and LEDs so I'm going to try and take some decent piccies of the Fez once it arrives. Followed by some LED upgrades!

Chers, Neil

telwick
Drives: fiesta

Post by telwick »

well with it being a white car it wont show the swirls as much but if you want to keep your paintwork looking fresh all the time the best thing to do is stay well away from the good old fashioned sponge and one bucket!
Image[/quote]

stevenj
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 diese

Post by stevenj »

neilha wrote:Oh well,

After weeks of reading and test driving I gave in today an ordered a 1.6 VCT Titanium in Frozen White. Put about as much as I could squeeze onto it... :D

So the wait begins...

Cheers, Neil.
Enjoy the Car but be carefull with the Alloys especially if they are 16inch 15spoke, they are very soft and Ford wont replace them if you damage them in potholes or speed bumps, I have never damaged a wheel in 46 years of driving ! now I have 4 damaged wheels replacement cost £730 !! And there is not a mark to be seen on any of them. look up Damaged Alloys on the Ford Owners Club site.
Stevenj

neilha
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Ordered

Post by neilha »

Hi. Thanks. I decided to order the seven spoke jobbies. Not sure if that's better or worse!

Neil.

ianbanny
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Titanium 1.4

Post by ianbanny »

[[/quote]
Enjoy the Car but be carefull with the Alloys especially if they are 16inch 15spoke, they are very soft and Ford wont replace them if you damage them in potholes or speed bumps, I have never damaged a wheel in 46 years of driving ! now I have 4 damaged wheels replacement cost £730 !! And there is not a mark to be seen on any of them. look up Damaged Alloys on the Ford Owners Club site.
Stevenj[/quote]

I read with real interest the comments re the 15 spoke alloys!

I have recently ordered (25 June) a Fiesta Titaium 1.4 in Frozen White, and as the build date was 19 July, I (hope) am getting the new spec with the DAB Radio and the extra 'silvery' bits!! It will be at the garage on 9 August and I will collect the first weekend in September.

The one thing that bothered me re the purchase was the wheels, as I think the 15 spoke will be hard to clean, but they are better than the 2009/2010 version of he 15 spoke.

As these wheels are soft, what can I do to ensure they are kept in good condition. I do look after my whels and clean them regularly to remove break residue. I have read a lot of threads re detailing and coating the wheels, but apart from avoiding pot holes and speed humps (that will be different as the council hve made it impossible to get to my house avoiding speed 'mountains').

Any advice will be appreciated.