ESP SWITCH

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
HEVRAY
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 5 door platinum
Refferer: google

ESP SWITCH

Post by HEVRAY »

Hi I have just purchased an early (March) 2012 Titanium 1.6 model for the higher spec over the ZS. One thing missing from this higher spec was the ability to switch off the ESP.
Some say you only need the switch as the wiring is clipped behind the heater controls front cover. I purchased a set of cheap trim removing tools from E Bay for about £5 and carefully removed the gear lever surround followed by the front panel and lo and behold there was a plug pinned on the right hand side .It was just plug and play , buying the switch from local Ford dealer ,removing the card holder ,plugging in and activating the switch it lit up, and the symbol on the speedo lit up .the symbol on the main display lit up as well. Could be useful when we get snow!
Part number is 1514081 which has the switch plus two blanks. Hope this information is of use to fellow Titanium owners.

{text-align: center;}
karan5
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta 1.6tdci titanium
Refferer: Corsa d UK

Re: ESP SWITCH

Post by karan5 »

ive done this mod too on my titanium came in useful during the snow

joee2204
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: frozen white fiesta zetec
Refferer: forum

Post by joee2204 »

is there a ford parts site that were i could get a link for this switch? or is it best to go to a dealer? thanks

bridgo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta zetec
Refferer: web

Post by bridgo »

part no. 1514081 just go to a ford dealer, normally an order part mine came in next day approx £30 i think.

i fitted one to my zetec heard it might help in the snow , not used it yet .

dmoffat
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Zetec s
Refferer: search engine

Post by dmoffat »

what are the advantages in snow ?