Slight second gear whine 1000-2500 - anyone have this?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
madusmacus
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 1.6 Titanium

Slight second gear whine 1000-2500 - anyone have this?

Post by madusmacus »

I think i posted my question in the wrong area before so ill try here :¬)

I just picked up my new 1.6 petrol titanium and seem to have slight 2nd gear whine when under power from 1500 - 2000 rpm (also same revs coming to a stop)

Only happens in second gear so i took it back to the dealer and tried another brand new one (exactly the same as mine) and that seemed to have this second gear whine also :¬(

Anyone have any ideas on this ... Its hard to complain when the dealers stock seems to show this noise.

{text-align: center;}
noobMk7
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk 7 Zetec S

Re: Slight second gear whine 1000-2500 - anyone have this?

Post by noobMk7 »

Hey mate. When i picked up my Zetec S i had the same noise. It went away after a while (it never bothered me though). Was it on the forecourt for a while??

madusmacus
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 1.6 Titanium

Re: Slight second gear whine 1000-2500 - anyone have this?

Post by madusmacus »

Thank you for the reply :¬)

They had 10 on the forcourt with free upgrades to elibrate the dealers 100th aneversery
they have sold 3/10 so far but i tried one of the unpurchased ones and it had the same slight 2nd gear whine
hope its not a batch of bad ones :¬)

hope it goes away 100 miles now need to do more i know hehe :¬)