Daylight running lights?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Anglia100e
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta mk7

Daylight running lights?

Post by Anglia100e »

Hi

Not got the car yet but have a question about daylight running lights incase anyone knows the answer. Like everyone else I have read reviews and road tests on the Mk7 and some say DRL are fitted and some say they are not yet fitted to the Fiesta. Does anyone with a recently bought car know that if they are fitted are they able to be switched off by the owner?

I also read that all new cars manufactured after Feb this year must have them fitted but they don't have to be working?

It doesn't matter either way to me but I am sitting here reading bits and pieces awaiting a collection date from the dealer so just wondering :)

Thanks for any help :D

{text-align: center;}
Anglia100e
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Re: Daylight running lights?

Post by Anglia100e »

It seems I may have found one of the answers. As from Feb this year all proposed cars must have working daytime running lights but no car model already in production needs to have them either fitted or operational if fitted.

As far as the Fiesta is concerned I still have no idea if fitted or not as some manufacturers are fitting them on models already in production.

jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Post by jam_rs »

Not sure if they can be turned of if fitted as standard. Not really my cup of tea to be honest!

Alot of people add them on though.
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7

Alex59
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Zetec 1.4
Refferer: test

Post by Alex59 »

This is interesting, i think they look pretty sweet

Dutchie
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: mk7

Post by Dutchie »

Let me shine a light on this then....

I've got the RDL mounted, they are an option over here (Netherlands).
They are manufactured by MS Design in Austria, & start up when U turn your key to 2.
They always are on during daytime, only way of switching 'm off is by turning city-or headlights on,
or on Automatic when it becomes dark.
A bitt of a warning...B sure if you wanna buy 'm that U"ve got the newest model....
All old models by this company have major problems!
At the mainland several peeps got problems with 'm, LED's die after 4 weeks....
I'm xpierincing it right now...the good news is,that the manufacturer switched
to a diff LED, so hopefully they hold on a bitt longer....

Anglia100e
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Anglia100e »

As the OP on this thread I am pleased to say it didn't come with DRLs :D it did however come with a resident spider of a huge size :shock: All in all I am very pleased with the car and the dealership. Just one gripe and that's the fact that the USB throws a hissy fit from time to time and the petrol consumption is higher than I hoped but it's still early days yet. At the moment I will give it 10/10 :D